Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We are on our way

We are on our way to hold the Cup - really on our way. I am still panting from the adrenaline rush yesterday night. As Tampines Rovers defence stood firm solid against our onslaught, and slowly got into the game in the first half, I was clutching the edge of my seat and sweating like mad. It was really feeling like our encounter with the Young Lions once again, and I thought its deja vu. And Tampines Peres skilful near miss in the first half made me wonder whether we would have fared better with him in our team --- he was magical when he was wearing the Protector's shirt. He seemed adamant to make his mark against his old club.

But Kone's seems to rejuvenate his mana in the second half, as he single handedly led the Protectors resurgence to whack the Rovers 2-0. The first goal was just past the hour mark, as a break gave Kone space to slot in the ball nicely into the bottom corner with Rover's goalkeeper standing dumbstruck. The crowd went crazy! I went estactic. The second goal was pure magic. Kone took a pass nicely, ran down the middle, went pass the goalkeeper with a flick (reminds me of Ronaldino) and send the ball into goal. 2-0. It doesn't get better than this.

We are all geared and hyped to face the the Warriors two match away.

No comments: