Friday, May 25, 2007

HUFC Sponsors' Evening - I was there

I had the honour of attending the Club's Golf & Sponsors' Evening today. Why you ask? Cos' I volunteered to blog about it ha ha ha. So, what is this sponsors' evening all about. Well, I understand from some of the HUFC chaps that this is tied to something that Home U places a lot of emphasis on ----- forging a sincere, long-lasting and personal relationship with it's sponsors.











The bottomline is to engage
the sponsors proactively and let them feel valued and privileged to be part of the family. This is HUFC's simple formula to retain sponsors. To the Club, there's no such thing as charity. Sponsors are essentially your clients (not some money spinning ATM machines), and you have to work hard to make them feel that their money are well spent and they get some mileage out of it e.g. help in their branding, or tie them up with each other to further their business opportunities. It's a simple win-win formula approach, but not many clubs seem to be able grasp this concept leh.

Anyway, I was fairly impressed with the way Home U organized their sponsors' evening. It's a day of golf followed by a simple and homely fare at Jumbo Seafood at the National Service Resort & Country Club. The event was filled with laughters, chatters, fun and good food. Everyone seemed to know one another and enjoyed the company. Chairman HUFC Mr Koh Siong Ling gave an personal and impressive speech that ended with "If you drink, don't drive" ---- this is a true blue Home Team event. (I guess the last thing you want also is to get stop from TP and admit you just came from a Home United event). Every sponsor was also given the latest framed team photo - I wish I got one, but since I don't have $$$ to sponsor the team - I will make do with a photograph.











However, the disappointment was quickly overwhelmed by a sense of exhilaration after they announced my name (YAY) during the lucky draw segment. Me won Phillips Clock Radio - not bad at all, but I would have looove the prize after mine - an MP3 player.

The only drawback was that the players were not there (I was banking on taking some good photos of Lionel for his fans here, but too bad..)

Way to go HUFC, thanks for the invite. I am now truly impressed with the way the Club is run - damn professional. HUFC is destined to be a big regional Club if you continue to follow this model of operation.


No comments: